getting this error [CRITICAL] [App ] Unable to get a Window, abort.

harsh sharma

Jun 20, 2017, 4:32:34 PM6/20/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
hello ,
i started developing kivy app and facing this error
attaching a problem
please help me to solve the problem

Screenshot (128).png

ZenCODE

Jun 20, 2017, 7:55:58 PM6/20/17
to Kivy users support
Hi

What OS are you using? And please explain what instructions you have followed. Ideally, post your code that we might see what is happening...

https://kivy.org/docs/installation/installation.html

ivs...@mail.harvard.edu

Dec 29, 2017, 12:38:07 PM12/29/17
to Kivy users support
I was trying to figure out the same error (Unable to get a window abort) and came across this simple answer that works perfectly for me.

I am diseminating it because this problem appears to affect many users.

Hope it helps. Thank you so much Kent Tong

Kent Tong
Jan 8
no worry; I fixed it by copying libpng-16-16.dll from SDL2 into the dist folder.
Auto Generated Inline Image 1

Leonardo Rodriguez

Dec 29, 2017, 12:51:11 PM12/29/17
to Kivy users support
it actually return Label() in your build method