ImportError: No module named app

Sanket Dasgupta

Jun 18, 2015, 11:36:32 AM6/18/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

I have been trying to get started with Kivy and I did try almost everything for getting it working properly but failed. Whatever method I have tried of installing Kivy has only one error.

ImportError: No module named app

I am on Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon. Python 2.7.

I finally decided to ask the dev community, as I just really want to get started. Here is a screen:

Message has been deleted

ZenCODE

Jun 18, 2015, 3:59:44 PM6/18/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Without knowing what you have done, it's very difficult to help. "Almost everything" tells us almost nothing ;-)

http://kivy.org/docs/installation/installation-linux.html#start-from-the-command-line

Please follow the steps here for Ubuntu and just check the messages at each step. Perhaps one of the steps is failing? Either way, we would just need to confirm exactly what you are doing.

Sanket Dasgupta

Jun 21, 2015, 6:46:37 PM6/21/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Nothing fails during installation, I am pretty sure of that. Everything goes fine. And then just as I try to import kivy, it doesn't just import.

Garrett Armstrong

Jun 26, 2015, 1:41:46 PM6/26/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
what happens if you make a python file with only one line:  "import kivy"  and then run it?  Does it show:

[INFO   ] [Logger      ] Record log in /file_name.txt
[INFO   ] [Kivy        ] v1.9.0
[INFO   ] [Python      ] v2.7.6 (default, Mar 22 2014, 22:59:56)
[GCC 4.8.2]
?