Using interactive maps/location services in kivy

aaron...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2017, 2:48:44 PM8/13/17
to Kivy users support
Hi, I was thinking of making a simple android application that tracks your location on a map. I have seen a variety of location tracking and mapping services but I was wondering which one is considered the "best". There were a few answers on the internet, but they were all from around 2014. The main options I see is using the Google maps/location api or using Kivy Garden Mapview. Are they functionally the same or does one have an edge? Are they both relatively easy to use? Any other considerations?