[SOLVED] vKeyboard pops up on Recycleview

Juan-Carlos Furest

Jun 18, 2017, 3:13:38 PM6/18/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I've got a strange behaviour of the xKeyboard:
I use a recycleview with my own viewclass made out of labels and a button.
As soon as I select an item in my list, the vkeyboard pops up...
Is this a normal behaviour, do I made some mistake?
Can I disable the vkeyboard for my screen widget?

Best regards and excuse me for my english.
Juan-Carlos

Matthew Einhorn

Jun 18, 2017, 7:18:20 PM6/18/17
to Kivy users support
Try to replicate with a minimal example.

Likely you have a textinput or other focus behavior derived class that creates the keyboard when it get focused with the touch for some reason.

You can disable vkeyboard in the config I believe and instead will use the hardware keyboard.

Juan-Carlos Furest

Jul 10, 2017, 12:13:18 PM7/10/17
to Kivy users support
Hi,
Here is an example, I use only Label and the behaviour is repeatable.

I set the keyboard option in the code.
Thanks for any remarks.

medialist_bug.kv
medialist_bug.py

Matthew Einhorn

Jul 10, 2017, 3:37:03 PM7/10/17
to Kivy users support
It's because `SelectableRecycleBoxLayout` inherits from `FocusBehavior`. `FocusBehavior` requests a keyboard when touched. Remove that class from the inheritance list if you don't want this behavior.

Juan-Carlos Furest

Jul 12, 2017, 12:43:10 PM7/12/17
to Kivy users support
matham, this solved my issue. Beeing quite new to kivy I don't know all the connections between the classes.

Big thanks.