Hopp til første uleste melding

Anthony Seger

ulest,
25. aug. 2015, 21:43:3125.08.2015
til Kivy users support
Devices are fragmented /w Small to Monster Screen Sizes

When Planning Interfaces Designs, e.g. TextInput, Button
on vertical orientation targeting Dynamic Responsive for devices

1.  What size= 'xxdp' is correct targeting all fragmented screen size ?
2.  What size_hint_y is correct relating to #1

Since testing compiling is expensive, definitely we don't have all
available devices to verify the layout size, or design for commercial

3.  What is the proper correct button, textinput (SIZE) for Dynamic Responsive
     interfaces designs, for professional Signatures Brands LOOK and FEEL ?

ZenCODE

ulest,
26. aug. 2015, 02:29:5526.08.2015
til Kivy users support
That's a good question, but one that I don't think has a "right" answer.

It's always a compromise. If you want to optimize for the device, use "sp" units. That will give your user the most consistent result.

http://kivy.org/docs/api-kivy.metrics.html

It will give them a font size consistent with their device. But then you need to test and consider every device resolution and position screen elements acordingly. Images may be small or large, depending on the device resolution.

If you want to make it easy for development, use a percentage of the screen width/height. Then you always know how it will look. But then it may be too large/small on the device depending on the physical screen size. Either way, Kivy gives you all the tools and units you need to handle this any way you choose.

But it's an inherenet problem that kivy can't solve because there is no solution. You either optimize for the device or optimize for consistency/ease of development. You can't really do both...

Or if you can, post a 'how to' and because I want to know how! :-)

qua non

ulest,
26. aug. 2015, 03:42:4526.08.2015
til kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Testing should not be expensive of you use the `screen` module.

python main.py -m screen:droid2,portrait,scale=.9 ... http://kivy.org/docs/api-kivy.modules.screen.html

Not all devices exist in the screen module, in which case you can 1) add the device to that model or 2)manually set the density and the size to your preferences. http://kivy.org/docs/guide/environment.html#metrics

ZenCODE

ulest,
26. aug. 2015, 12:03:2426.08.2015
til Kivy users support
We also use scripts that luanch kivy + our app to emulate a device. e.g this shell script emulates my phone, the LG G3 Titan. If we need to test for another device, we simplly log these properties and create a corresponding script.

#!/bin/bash
export KIVY_DPI=640
export KIVY_METRICS_DENSITY=4.0
export KIVY_METRICS_FONTSCALE=1.0