App failing to get past splashscreen, but works in the background before crashing

Tom

Jun 19, 2016, 11:15:33 AM6/19/16
to Kivy users support
Hi all,

I've been racking my brain over this for the past week or so. My apk builds fine, and running main.py works perfectly on linux, however, when running the apk on my galaxy s6, it crashes shortly after opening (though you can interact with it briefly behind the splashscreen, weird?). I've tried updating buildozer, kivy, ensured all dependencies have been met and are included in the spec file (attached). As well as trying a myriad of other solutions such as changing api, updating all build tools etc.

Anyone have any ideas? I've attached a logcat, and it indicates a fatal signal 6 error, as well as a JNI error but I'm not sure what exactly they relate to in this case. I'm not well versed in programming by any means, so some support would be greatly appreciated.

06-19 16:05:20.381 22274 22301 F art     : art/runtime/java_vm_ext.cc:410] JNI DETECTED ERROR IN APPLICATION: JNI CallStaticVoidMethod called with pending exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no non-static method "Lorg/kivy/android/PythonActivity;.openAPKExpansionInputStream(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/io/InputStream;"

AND

06-19 16:05:20.521  3113  3113 F DEBUG   : signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -6 (SI_TKILL), fault addr --------
06-19 16:05:20.541  3113  3113 F DEBUG   : Abort message: 'art/runtime/java_vm_ext.cc:410] JNI DETECTED ERROR IN APPLICATION: JNI CallStaticVoidMethod called with pending exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no non-static method "Lorg/kivy/android/PythonActivity;.openAPKExpansionInputStream(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/io/InputStream;"'

Thanks!

Tom

logcat.txt
buildozer.spec

Tim Graham

Aug 7, 2017, 3:26:29 PM8/7/17
to Kivy users support
Hi,

I realise this is a very old post but did you ever find a solution? I'm getting exactly the same error with an app I am trying to build and run on a moto z play

Thanks,
Tim

julc...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2018, 8:06:01 AM12/27/18
to Kivy users support

same issue here.....any news ??

ZenCODE

Dec 27, 2018, 2:17:59 PM12/27/18
to Kivy users support
A wild guess, but are you perhaps calling Window.set_icon? Try commenting that out?

JC

Dec 28, 2018, 4:32:58 AM12/28/18
to Kivy users support

No, it is not the case. I saw your post in stackoveflow and looked for the lines you mention.

My application is pretty simple with a screen manager and a bunch of screens. The only special detail is that it needs to take a picture. And when I include  just about any time of access to the camera I get this error.

I have tried with all examples out there and nothing works. It is like camera functionality for android is completely gone due to some changes maybe in sdl2 or version incompatibilities.

BTW I am using VM 0.5 and python2

JC

Robert Flatt

Dec 29, 2018, 12:34:00 PM12/29/18
to Kivy users support
I also have an app with a bunch of screens and it works fine. In the logcat this seems to be the failure point:

06-19 16:05:20.541 3113 3113 F DEBUG : Abort message: 'art/runtime/java_vm_ext.cc:410] JNI DETECTED ERROR IN APPLICATION: JNI CallStaticVoidMethod called with pending exception java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: no non-static method "Lorg/kivy/android/PythonActivity;.openAPKExpansionInputStream(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/io/InputStream;"'

Googling  openAPKExpansionInputStream   gets me some documentation about APK size and the Store. Strange. How big is the .apk?
If it is big try unpacking it to see why. Note that p4a includes in the apk most files in the project directory, this may not be what you want.

Something to look at.