mysql connector not working

Dean Pereira

Feb 7, 2015, 3:26:29 AM2/7/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
When I import mysql.connector and run from kivy.bat I get an error saying,
ImportError: No module named "msql"

but mysql.connector works fine in IDLE what can I do to make it work?

Thanks,

ZenCODE

Feb 8, 2015, 12:49:14 AM2/8/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Have you tried running the bat file, then "pip install mysql"?  IDLE will use the default python interpreter, not the kivy one, where it needs to be installed. Not sure about IDLE, but this might help.

https://github.com/kivy/kivy/wiki/Setting-Up-Kivy-with-various-popular-IDE%27s

Dean Pereira

Feb 8, 2015, 1:46:41 AM2/8/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply

pip is returning a fatal error

"Fatal error in launcher: Unable to create process using "X:\kivy\kivy=1.8.0-py3.3-win32\Python33\python.exe" X:\kivy\kivy\python33\Scripts\pip.exe" install mysql.connector"

What should I do?

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 9:49 PM, ZenCODE <zenkey....@gmail.com> wrote:
Have you tried running the bat file, then "pip install mysql"?  IDLE will use the default python interpreter, not the kivy one, where it needs to be installed. Not sure about IDLE, but this might help.

https://github.com/kivy/kivy/wiki/Setting-Up-Kivy-with-various-popular-IDE%27s

Dean Pereira

Feb 8, 2015, 7:11:23 AM2/8/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Also I have been trying to make an APK with buildozer in the kivy VirtualBox It says "Cloning to python-for-android..." for about 25 minutes and I just close the terminal. Is it supposed to take so long? or is there something wrong?
I was connected to the net and it did not return any errors.

Dean Pereira

Feb 8, 2015, 3:52:27 PM2/8/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I tried easy_install
gcc: error: unrecognized command line option "-mno-cygwin"
error: Setup script exited with error: command "gcc" failed

I have MinGw installed

I added the distutils.cfg file with
"[build]
 compiler=mingw32"

and edited the cygwinccompiler.py.

I really don't know what to do right now. Would python(x,y) help?

ZenCODE

Feb 9, 2015, 12:38:48 AM2/9/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I would try using the Python 2.7 version. Python 3.3 is not yet supported on Python-for-Android....

Dean Pereira

Feb 9, 2015, 1:36:30 PM2/9/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
what about using kivy extension? I tried:

from kivy.ext import load
myextension = load("MySQLdb",(1,2))

TypeError: unordable types: NoneTypes() >= int()

How can I create an extension for kivy?

Dean Pereira

Feb 20, 2015, 9:28:26 AM2/20/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi, where can I find the doc for modernmenu, I just got it from garden but cant find the doc.