New Kivy app, Tribe - location sharing with MapView

Tom Rota

Jul 2, 2015, 9:56:25 AM7/2/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks for the help during development of Tribe.  I think it is looking fairly stable on Android so it's now an open beta on google play at:

iOS is next hopefully.

Tribe incorporates several Kivy projects - MapView, Plyer, ModernMenu among others - to let friends visually share their device locations with each other and display them on a map.  The map is updated with the users locations about every 15 seconds, so you get a really good idea of where everyone in the group is.
See the launch page at http://tribe.posfoundations.com for more information.

The first seven days are free, and after that it's a 99 cent usd monthly subscription.  I hope you will take a look and leave a comment and/or rating :)

Please let me know if I missed anything on the attribution.

Cheers,
Tom

Paarth Tandon

Jul 2, 2015, 2:05:58 PM7/2/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a really cool app. My phone screen just shattered, leaving my phone useless, so i cant download it right now, but when I get my new phone i will for sure!

Tom Rota

Jul 2, 2015, 2:14:13 PM7/2/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear about your phone screen, Paarth.  I hope you get a new one soon!

And, thanks for the interest in Tribe :)