strange TUIO problem

Luca Mucci

Apr 15, 2012, 11:59:26 AM4/15/12
to Kivy users support
Hi

I cannot fix a very strange problem that is happening to my Kivy
installation

The TUIO Input of Kivy seems not able to receive (or handle) TUIO
Cursor movement messages:

for example, when I open TouchTracer, and I try to control it with the
java TUIO Simulator, just the TUIO alive message works
in other words, the "touch" appears and disappears, but I cannot move
it !!!! it stays still !!!
crazy

and the same with any other Kivy application

I am absolutely sure that my TUIO installation is ok, cause any client
implementation except for the Kivy's one works perfectly...
Even giving a quick read to the output print of a raw udp receiver,
the TUIO syntax seems ok

So, does anyone have experimented something like that?
How can I fix it? I tried to re-install Kivy many times, but no
results :(

Thank you very much for the help

Bye

Luca
Message has been deleted

Luca Mucci

Apr 18, 2012, 11:05:53 AM4/18/12
to Kivy users support

any suggestion ??? :-(

Mathieu Virbel

May 2, 2012, 6:59:09 AM5/2/12
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I re-tested Tuio input with TUIO Simulator, and i see no issues.
I've added in ~/.kivy/config.ini:

  [input]
  tuio = tuio,127.0.0.1:3333

Then runned the touchtracer example + java -jar TUIO_Simulator.jar, and everything is working.

If you could be able to record the network traffic and send a pcap (with wireshark for example), then we could see what's going on.

Mathieu

Le mercredi 18 avril 2012 17:05:53 UTC+2, Luca Mucci a écrit :

any suggestion ??? :-(

Reed Leoneil Pascual

Feb 23, 2015, 12:59:39 AM2/23/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

Noong Miyerkules, Mayo 2, 2012 ng 6:59:09 PM UTC+8, si Mathieu Virbel ay sumulat:

Hi ive already configured tuio in the config.ini but im geting this error.... im using java tuio simulator,, thanks
error].png