Kivy - Trying to code for a Single-Touch Screen on my raspberry Pi3

Not a CODER!

Apr 17, 2018, 7:10:59 PM4/17/18
to Kivy users support
I need help with Kivy code to detect my Single touch screen - using ARM Single-touch - driver http://support.elotouch.com/Download/Drivers/DriverDownload/Default.aspx

I can find the code for Multi touch - "provider=mtdev" inside the config [input] section.  However i cannot use this code.

Does Kivy support Single-touch drive devices?

If so, where is that code?

Thanks

ZenCODE

Apr 19, 2018, 3:09:41 PM4/19/18
to Kivy users support
It should. Why can't you use it? What happens? Single touch devices are usually support via mouse emulation....

If it does not work, please post the console output.

Thanks

The SnoCone Kiosk Company

Apr 19, 2018, 3:25:22 PM4/19/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
The output shows that it is not detecting the elo touch screen.  I was assuming it was because I used "provider=mtdev".  So you are saying it should work fine?   Even if it is a single touch touch screen?

Shane

The SnoCone Kiosk Company

Apr 19, 2018, 3:37:30 PM4/19/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Yes - the mouse works - when i click the mouse it will scroll through my images.  But i need this to be a touch screen.

Thank you from all of us at The SnoCone Kiosk Company.

Have a great day!

skc_horizontal.jpg

email:  in...@snoconekiosk.com

web:    www.snoconekiosk.com

twitter: https://twitter.com/SnoConeKiosk

ZenCODE

Apr 20, 2018, 8:36:19 AM4/20/18
to Kivy users support
The reason I asked for the console output is that it might be a permissions issue to the device? Try

    chmod +r /dev/input/event*

Then relaunch?

The SnoCone Kiosk Company

Apr 20, 2018, 6:54:12 PM4/20/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  When I try this it says operation not permitted

The SnoCone Kiosk Company

Apr 20, 2018, 6:58:57 PM4/20/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks.  When I try this it says operation not permitted.  Also I attached two pics of the read out.

The SnoCone Kiosk Company

Apr 20, 2018, 6:59:44 PM4/20/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 20, 2018, 7:36 AM ZenCODE <zenkey....@gmail.com> wrote: