buildozer problems

ilias iliadis

Jan 15, 2018, 3:52:44 PM1/15/18
to Kivy users support
I am new to kivy but I kind liked it. I am working only in python3 on ubuntu 16.04 (I prefer LTS versions). I created an app which worked fine in my PC and in ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 918 (kernel 2.6.35.7, firmware 2.3.6) using kivy Launcher 1.9.0.0 .

I first tried instructions to create an apt based on docs. Many problems, not worked. I reinstalled buildozer "git clone https://github.com/kivy/buildozer", "cd buildozer/", "python3 setup.py build" (only warning: no files found matching '*COPYING', no other errors). Then "pip3 install -e ." (only complain about pip3 version, "Successfully installed buildozer pexpect-4.3.1 ptyprocess-0.5.2 virtualenv-15.1.0"). Downloaded and extracted the Crystax NDK in "/.buildozer/crystax-ndk-10.3.2". "javac -version" -> "javac 1.8.0_151". Installed "cython3" (using synaptic, just in case).
Tried again buildozer (buildozer -v android debug)
Two problems:
1. buildozer, although installed with python3 setup and pip3 tries pip install -q --user "appdirs" "colorama>=0.3.3" "sh>=1.10,<1.12.5" "jinja2" "six"
2. buildozer installed version 1.10 (which IMHO is very bad behavior) in which I have not tested my app. After I tried my app, it really did not worked!!! I had code form CustomBtn , found that code in line 13, "pressed", no longer works, and by try and error found that must be changed to "on_press".

I used:
pip3
install -q --user "appdirs" "colorama>=0.3.3" "sh>=1.10,<1.12.5" "jinja2" "six"
(in order to prevent possible errors, but do not know if in python3 is this required or if other options must be changed).

Still can't build apk. I uploaded the log provided by "buildozer -v android debug logacat > /home/ilias/Λήψεις/build.log" (in 7z format) and buildozer.spec.
Thanks for any help.
ilias

build.log.7z
buildozer.spec

Alexander Taylor

Jan 18, 2018, 6:50:42 PM1/18/18
to Kivy users support
> buildozer installed version 1.10 (which IMHO is very bad behavior) in which I have not tested my app.

If you didn't tell buildozer differently, downloading the most recent stable release of Kivy is a natural choice. I think you can specify a different version by writing `kivy==1.x.y` in the buildozer requirements line, if you like, although I recommend using 1.10 anyway.

> I had code form CustomBtn , found that code in line 13, "pressed", no longer works, and by try and error found that must be changed to "on_press".

As far as I can see, the code in this example should work the same as ever. If you think there's an issue here, could you post your own code, in which the problem occurs?

> Still can't build apk. I uploaded the log provided by "buildozer -v android debug logacat > /home/ilias/Λήψεις/build.log" (in 7z format) and buildozer.spec.

Your log doesn't seem to include much information about the error, although I'm not sure why. Did you run buildozer with the `--verbose` option (alternatively you can set the `log_level` option in buildozer.spec to 2, instead of the default 1)?