I can't install Kivy on windows 10

Romeu Mello

Apr 20, 2017, 1:59:54 AM4/20/17
to Kivy users support
Hello There,
I'm installing Kivy on Windows 10 and got this error:

 Cannot open include file: 'GL/glew.h':
 error: command 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\\VC\\BIN\\x86_amd64\\cl.exe' failed with exit status 2

So, how can I solve this and go ahead with Kivy ?

Thanks

ZenCODE

Apr 20, 2017, 4:13:33 AM4/20/17
to Kivy users support

Romeu Mello

Apr 20, 2017, 11:40:52 AM4/20/17
to Kivy users support
I tried and got error too. Is not possible to install Kivy on Windows 10?

On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 5:13:33 AM UTC-3, ZenCODE wrote:
Try KivyInstaller.

https://github.com/KeyWeeUsr/KivyInstaller

Matthew Einhorn

Apr 20, 2017, 11:57:36 AM4/20/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Try using the nightly wheels as described on the website.

Romeu Mello

ZenCODE

Apr 20, 2017, 5:15:43 PM4/20/17
to Kivy users support
There is virtually no way you can get the error you mention using KivyInstaller. Please post exactly what you have done, step by step, and exactly what the error is. We want to help, but can't if you don't give us any information.

Romeu Mello

Apr 20, 2017, 5:56:45 PM4/20/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I will tell you.

When ran KivyInstaller: so got some error like "Can't build Kivy, Cython is missing"

Romeu Mello

Apr 20, 2017, 6:24:43 PM4/20/17
to Kivy users support

Romeu Mello

Apr 20, 2017, 6:27:58 PM4/20/17
to Kivy users support
already "pip install cython" and got the same error

ZenCODE

Apr 21, 2017, 3:21:42 AM4/21/17
to Kivy users support
I would guest making a fresh glone of kivyinstaller and running the bat file afresh. The tell us which choices you make for each of the questions. I would suggest not admin, and not installing into you current installation (keeping it isolated).

Matthew Einhorn

Apr 21, 2017, 11:06:46 AM4/21/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
You also haven't said what happens when you try to install the latest nightly wheels. That should work as there's no compiling involved.