Bad graphics with multiple installation try

MarkusK

Dec 8, 2017, 1:25:37 PM12/8/17
to Kivy users support
Hello kivy users,

could you please help me with an error? I.try to install kivy 1.9.1 on Desktop-PC running debian-live-8.7.0-i386-lxde-desktop.
All I get is a floating window filled with bad senseless graphics - little bricks.
kivy is installed with python-kivy_1.9.1-1_i386.deb builded from source:

repository: deb-src http://archive.debian.org/debian stretch main contrib non-free
apt-get update

apt-get source kivy
apt-get build-dep kivy

cd kivy-*
dpkg-buildpackage -tc
cd ..
dpkg -i python-kivy*.deb
apt-get -f install

Another try to install was following exactly the 'User's Guide Installation on Linux' on kivy.org. There i choosed the PPA for stable builds.

Program to test was Raspi-Radio from c't(german computer magazine). This is what i want to run on desktop-pc to debug. Another try was Hello World from kivy.org - usage example, Always the same result.
Loggerinfo contains in each case

[INFO. ]  [Window]  Provider:  sdl2(['window_egl_rpi']  ignored)

I understand this window-egl-rpi is express reference to Raspberry Pi-hardware

So i hope with this info you can write me your valuable hints.

Thanks in advance
Greetings

Markus