Installation on Raspberry Pi and camera

Raphaël ANDRE

Nov 24, 2016, 1:50:23 AM11/24/16
to Kivy users support
Hi,
I'm new to Kivy and I'm trying to install it on a Raspberry Pi (with Raspbian Jessie). Il followed the exact steps described in the installation guide and had some problems with the version of Cython (the version installed was 21 and version 23 was needed). So I changed this. Now, I can run the examples but I have have two issues:
- the cursor of the mouse doesn't show even though I modified the config.ini to add "touchring = show_cursor=true"
- the camera example doesn't work, I have the following messages:

[CRITICAL] [Camera      ] Unable to find any valuable Camera provider.
pygst - ImportError: No module named 'pygst'
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kivy/core/__init__.py", line 59, in core_select_lib
    fromlist=[modulename], level=0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kivy/core/camera/camera_pygst.py", line 15, in <module>
    import pygst

opencv - ImportError: No module named 'cv'
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kivy/core/__init__.py", line 59, in core_select_lib
    fromlist=[modulename], level=0)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.4/dist-packages/kivy/core/camera/camera_opencv.py", line 20, in <module>
    import cv

What sould I do to make it work? Thanks for your help.

Johnny Lupino

Dec 4, 2016, 7:24:05 AM12/4/16
to Kivy users support
hi,
I think your problem has to do either with recipes or python version you are using for app development,
I was unable to create a package for iOS written using opencv (camera capture and image processing) due to its absence in recipes,
I also posted my problem here in the forum, but have not received any reply or a clue on how to work around this problem.
rgds,
archie