Buildozer can not compile to .apk

Victor Santos

Jul 3, 2016, 11:41:26 AM7/3/16
to Kivy users support
Hi everybody. I have been trying to do the buildozer compile to apk, and I tried it in many versions off ubuntu (14.04, 15.10, 16.04) for many times, and it works for many times, but when I am going to try in other day, it show me a red message in the terminal after many minutes compiling. My buildozer version is 0.31, my cython version is 0.22, but the same message was showed in others versions of cython and buildozer. The step by step of my buildozer instalation is here http://buildozer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html. I have this ubuntu in one partition, whose I only use the buildozer, where haven't any thing installed too. I read in one site that I have to install javac, and I did "apt-get install default-jdk", but the terminal keeps showing the same message. I am desesperate, I can compile when I just installed ubuntu, after, the same message is showed for me.
The message is:
# Command failed: /usr/bin/python build.py --name Burguelandia --version 1.0 --package org.test.burguelandia --private "/home/visus/android/burguelandia/melhorado1/.buildozer/android/app" --sdk 19 --minsdk 13 --presplash /home/visus/android/burguelandia/melhorado1/logo2.jpg --icon /home/visus/android/burguelandia/melhorado1/ico.png --orientation sensor --window debug
#
# Buildozer failed to execute the last command
# The error might be hidden in the log above this error
# Please read the full log, and search for it before
# raising an issue with buildozer itself.
# In case of a bug report, please add a full log with log_level = 2

Very thanks for everyone.

mister render

Jul 4, 2016, 7:01:02 AM7/4/16
to Kivy users support
Hey,

I think many people have run into similar issues and there does not seem to be one universal solution.
I managed to get it to work consistently by using the VirtualBox Buildozer image provided by the Kivy peeps.

If you use that and update Buildozer and, just for safety, ensure to make a snapshot before first compiling, then you can run that snapshot of the VM every time you'd like to compile your app.

Oh and never, ever run Buildozer as sudo. I did that once...and it never worked again after that and many people recommend against it.

Victor Santos

Jul 4, 2016, 1:09:50 PM7/4/16
to Kivy users support
How can I do this? As everytime that I try to compile buildozer for the third or fouth time, the buildozer crash, I think your solution will work for me, but, I never used the virtualbox. Has anybody one link, or tutorial to help me? Thanks everybody, as I have to go now, I send the feedback when I come back. See you later!

Adrian

Jul 5, 2016, 5:43:12 AM7/5/16
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I did this on Windows, so don't know what it would be like using Linux as host, but in theory that should work just the same: https://kivy.org/docs/guide/packaging-android-vm.html

From there on out, it's all you :)

On 4 July 2016 at 18:09, Victor Santos <victor.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
How can I do this? As everytime that I try to compile buildozer for the third or fouth time, the buildozer crash, I think your solution will work for me, but, I never used the virtualbox. Has anybody one link, or tutorial to help me? Thanks everybody, as I have to go now, I send the feedback when I come back. See you later!

Victor Santos

Jul 26, 2016, 10:21:51 PM7/26/16
to Kivy users support
I did it. After I read here, I tried to do every in a virtual machine, and it works. Very thanks, it seems to be an easy and good solution. But, past some time this error
reappeared, even I use the snapshot, I had to install the buildozer again. Today I can not fix it. I had success one time that I compiled it very well, but after it, the buildozer show me the same error message, even I use the snapshot to install again the buildozer.
So, I need a help. Have any problem if I use the buildozer to make the .apk many times with the same ip adress? And, what is the best ubuntu or linux distribution for buildozer, and can anybody tell me what is the best way to install buildozer? Please, I am going to be crazy!
I allways used this step by step http://buildozer.readthedocs.io/en/latest/installation.html

Bye, very thanks everybody.