Keyboard inputs picked up as "capslock", "numlock", etc.

Cornel Chintoi

Mar 11, 2018, 5:45:39 AM3/11/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

While running my kivy app on a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B, using Raspian 8(Jessie), python 3.6.1 and kivy 1.10.1.dev0, I bumped into three problems:
-folders with names typed in kivy TextInputs are created on the Raspian desktop(so while interacting with the kivy app);
-while typing in TextInputs, Caps Lock and Num Lock keyboard inputs appear as "capslock" and "numlock"(strings) respectively;
-hitting Ctrl key will generate an error(log file attached).

I've tried to record the kivy app behavior(using recordmydesktop module), but instead the module recorded the raspian desktop(which actually managed to capture what's happening behind the kivy app's scene)(see attached screen capture).
What I've done during the recording was:
1. Start the kivy app(step done successfully);
2. Tried to show the Caps Lock behavior. I started typing with "adad", then hit Caps Lock key, then continued with "daedaad". The result in kivy's TextInput is "adadcapslockdaedaad"(notice the "capslock" as string, with no effect on the following letters' case).
3. Tried to show the Num Lock behavior. I started typing digits on the numerical keyboard, then hit Num Lock key, then continued with other digits. The result in kivy's TextInput is "3436345numlock864864"(notice the "numlock" as string, with no effect on the digits typed at the start-which should not appear, as in the attached screen capture-).

So, at the moment, Caps Lock and Num Lock are not usable(though I can use Shift+[letter key] combination for upper-cased letters), and Ctrl key triggers an error.
Please find attached the .kivy/config.ini file I use.

Thank you,
Cornel
out.mp4
config.ini