Grabbing Touch without Delay

özge n. yalçın

Jun 20, 2016, 8:29:54 PM6/20/16
to Kivy users support
Hello everyone,

I was trying to implement touchtracer demo example into my code. I realized that the tracing does only work with a delay (after you press and hold the button) due to the necessay touch.grab(self) event. However, I want to see the trace without the delay, immediately after the first move. Is there any way to do that without disturbing the trace making?

ZenCODE

Jun 22, 2016, 4:37:49 PM6/22/16
to Kivy users support
It's not clear what you mean. The lines in TouchTracer do start drawing immediately you touch or click? Where is the delay for you? Are you wanting to detect movement before they click/touch?

Cheers

özge n. yalçın

Jun 22, 2016, 8:36:59 PM6/22/16
to Kivy users support
The delay in my case is between 'click' event and the tracing. I have to 'hold' the click without moving the mouse for a while order to start the tracing event in my case. I can only move the trace after the first triangle appears on the screen. I cannot get the trace while I am already moving the mouse and 'click' while I am moving it. Also in the demo page the behavior is explained as : 'When you press and hold the mouse, you should see cross-hairs with the coordinates written next to themAs you drag, it leaves a trail. '  I want the trail to be seen without the hold, just with the press. I hope this explanation helps.
Thank you,