How to install kivy.deps.gstreamer on ubuntu???

Cheng Wei Lu

Sep 12, 2016, 10:54:36 PM9/12/16
to Kivy users support
Hi everyone,

My distro is ubuntu 14.04 and pip install log as below:

/*=========================================================================
Downloading/unpacking kivy.deps.gstreamer
  Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/kivy.deps.gstreamer/
  URLs to search for versions for kivy.deps.gstreamer:
  * https://pypi.python.org/simple/kivy.deps.gstreamer/
  Analyzing links from page https://pypi.python.org/simple/kivy.deps.gstreamer/
  Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement kivy.deps.gstreamer
Cleaning up...
  Removing temporary dir /tmp/pip_build_root...
No distributions at all found for kivy.deps.gstreamer
Exception information:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 122, in main
    status = self.run(options, args)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 278, in run
    requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, bundle=self.bundle)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1178, in prepare_files
    url = finder.find_requirement(req_to_install, upgrade=self.upgrade)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/index.py", line 277, in find_requirement
    raise DistributionNotFound('No distributions at all found for %s' % req)
pip.exceptions.DistributionNotFound: No distributions at all found for kivy.deps.gstreamer
===========================================================================*/

So where's link can find the file?

Thanks,
Stephen

Alexander Taylor

Sep 13, 2016, 4:04:40 PM9/13/16
to Kivy users support
I didn't think you were supposed to use kivy.deps.gstreamer on Linux - what pip command are you running?

Cheng Wei Lu

Sep 18, 2016, 2:47:37 PM9/18/16
to Kivy users support
HI,

I try to run the demo code include gstreamer as well as use the buildozer to general apk file.

Bit it doesn't work and no any information to know how to do this.

Maybe install this file? or modify buildozer.spec to include gstreamer?

Thanks,
Stephen

Cheng Wei Lu於 2016年9月13日星期二 UTC+8上午10時54分36秒寫道:

André MIRAS

Sep 19, 2016, 4:49:43 PM9/19/16
to Kivy users support
Hi,

On Ubuntu you need to install gstreamer dependencies via your package manager.
It can be found in this documentation: https://kivy.org/docs/installation/installation.html
apt-get install python-gst0.10 python-enchant gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
But I would better recommend to give SDL2 backend a try, see:

Cheng Wei Lu

Sep 28, 2016, 11:16:49 PM9/28/16
to Kivy users support
Hi,

Thank's for your help.

If I want to install on android, how can I do ?

André MIRAS於 2016年9月20日星期二 UTC+8上午4時49分43秒寫道: