Live updating on Kivy mapview

8lkerb

Oct 12, 2017, 8:52:29 PM10/12/17
to Kivy users support
Hello, I am very new to Kivy and I want to use kivy's Map library to pinpoint aircraft locations. I can add markers to the map easily but what I'd like to do is fetch the latitude/longitude values from a constantly changing array in order to show the real time movement of the aircraft icons on the map. The array holding the lat/lon values is being fetched from a MySql database that updates every 5 seconds. I am iterating through the list of aircrafts and creating map marker objects to a map marker array. From there, I add the markers from the array to the map object. This is being done within the main.py. What I don't know how to do is fetch the aircraft array every 5 seconds while updating the marker list to show a real-time interface of moving icons. How do I achieve a real-time graphical representation for aircraft positions?