Best Editor for KV files

Derek Duncan

Jul 22, 2014, 2:14:20 PM7/22/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am currently using Sublime 2 for my text editor for writing my kv files. I am looking for a way to make it so that the text I am writing will be properly color coded and indented as it does for a .py file. Is this possible to load a language file so that it will do this? Thank you

ZenCODE

Jul 22, 2014, 2:58:15 PM7/22/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm not sure about Sublime 2 (A cool editor), but Xuton did a kv file plugin for PyCharm. Gives us cool colours and auto-completion using the kv lang in PyCharm. If that helps, post so we can share it ;-)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/kivy-dev/Xuton/kivy-dev/FBtDU_XNp9o/I2KxDjBSP1oJ

Cheers

Derek Duncan

Jul 22, 2014, 3:49:39 PM7/22/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Oh man let me check this out I love PyCharm.

ZenCODE

Mar 4, 2015, 3:49:14 PM3/4/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Just a note to anyone using kv editing in PyCharm, I have updated this package to support some 1.9 widgets and well as made some corrections and improvements to existing kv parsing. You may want to get this latest version.

https://github.com/Zen-CODE/kivybits/tree/master/IDE

Cheers

ZenCODE

Aug 28, 2016, 4:09:01 PM8/28/16
to Kivy users support
By the way, I do try and keep this file updated. Just added the RecycleView and associated classes. If anyone notices any kv lang omissions, please let me know...:-)

https://github.com/Zen-CODE/kivybits/tree/master/IDE