buildozer 'command not found'

Debbie Rich

Feb 18, 2015, 7:34:16 PM2/18/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I'm running OSX 10.8.5.

I successfully installed kivy and run some of the examples.

When I installed buildozer though, I can not get it to run.
buildozer init returns "command not found"

I installed buildozer with both pip and  git clone git://github.com/kivy/buildozer

This has got to be something stupidly simple, but I haven't been able to find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Andrei Sima

Feb 19, 2015, 3:14:05 AM2/19/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I tried only once to set up an evironment on mac and as i remember you need command line tools for Xcode in order to do this.

Also make sure that you have all the dependencies needed for buildozer to compile the app.

_____________ - [x]- ______________

random life
____________ - [end x]- ____________

Debbie Rich

Feb 19, 2015, 2:32:08 PM2/19/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.
I've found there is something fishy with my python setup.
As I said before 'buildozer init' returns a command not found
but
'python2.7 ~buildozer/buildozer init'  works and produces the .spec file

Running buildozer again as above (python2.7 ~/buildozer/buildozer android debug deploy)    returns 'cython not found'

I've checked with pip and cython is installed.

Any more ideas?

Thanks!

AlexH

Feb 19, 2015, 6:18:35 PM2/19/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I had a similar problem where cython did not build properly and was not an executable.
try:

ls -l `which cython`

to see if it exists and is executable.

Debbie Rich

Feb 19, 2015, 9:05:42 PM2/19/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
'which cython' returned nothing meaning that either it's not executable or can't be found.

I used 'find' to look for cython and added its directory to my /etc/paths file
Both buildozer and cython now seem to work the way they are supposed to.

The directory I added is:
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/

Seems like this really ought to be taken care of by the installers.

Thanks for your helpful replies.

Roger Erens

Feb 21, 2015, 6:14:01 PM2/21/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Did you install cython using macports?
Macports also has a cython_select with which you can select which cython version to 'activate'.