Bugs issue on Keyboard EventLoop.

Quadri Ganiu

Apr 20, 2018, 1:18:15 PM4/20/18
to Kivy users support
I observed 4 bugs issue on_keyboard EventLoop.

Please help to solve it.

Main issue sample is:

class KeyEvent(CodeInput):
def keyboard_on_key_down(self, window, keycode, text, modifiers):
print keycode, text, modifiers

When the above code is applied and run on android. When a key is pressed, I observed:

1) It invoke the on_key_down event as many as 53 times as if it's a loop (I.e it continue printing).

2) keycode did not really match the pressed key (It mostly print (113,'q') as keycode, for keys [_a-zA-Z0-9]).

3) keyboard_on_key_down is not invoke when volume keys are press (do nothing).

4) when I touch on the CodeInput widget on_key_down is invoked (it print (32,"space") as keycode).

Alexander Taylor

Apr 21, 2018, 8:05:49 AM4/21/18
to Kivy users support
Does this mean that when you press the keys while using a TextInput or CodeInput, the letters that appear are all wrong?

Quadri Ganiu

Apr 21, 2018, 5:30:55 PM4/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Yes all are wrong except  escape sequences