Open IOS gallery with python/kivy

Andre Victor

Jun 6, 2016, 12:51:02 PM6/6/16
to Kivy users support
I have a working Kivy Android application and some functionality work on IOS. The part not working is selecting a video from IOS native gallery. On Android I use Kivy file browser. This does not work on IOS because each application runs in sandbox mode.
I would really appropriate any help/advice as I am stuck as a rock. I think the only other way is using pyobjus to open IOS gallery and choose the video file, I dont know how to do this with pyobjus/objective C. The examples is only done for Android. Just to give a little insight into the app. It does not play video file it only injects it with meta data. So I just need the path of the chosen video and then the gallery path to save the video back again. Any help would be much appreciated.

qua non

Jun 6, 2016, 4:30:00 PM6/6/16
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I intend to fix the conflicts and merge this soon but this should work as is.
I only tested selecting pictures... though I am sure selecting videos would not be much of a change for this.

https://github.com/kivy/plyer/pull/170/files#diff-c23e4cf028caba0b5e8970914afda4d0R1

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 10:21 PM, Andre Victor <andre...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have a working Kivy Android application and some functionality work on IOS. The part not working is selecting a video from IOS native gallery. On Android I use Kivy file browser. This does not work on IOS because each application runs in sandbox mode.
I would really appropriate any help/advice as I am stuck as a rock. I think the only other way is using pyobjus to open IOS gallery and choose the video file, I dont know how to do this with pyobjus/objective C. The examples is only done for Android. Just to give a little insight into the app. It does not play video file it only injects it with meta data. So I just need the path of the chosen video and then the gallery path to save the video back again. Any help would be much appreciated.

Andre Victor

Jun 7, 2016, 12:41:54 PM6/7/16
to Kivy users support
Thank you very much, I tried manually updating the files you added and changed with no luck. I will have to wait for your commits to be accepted :(. I added the files to the right directory's and ran plyer build and still nothing.

Andre Victor

Jun 21, 2016, 1:23:56 PM6/21/16
to Kivy users support
Can you please assist me in getting your changes into kivy-ios. I tried adding the changes you added manually. When I try to rebuild plyer with your changes it just ignores it. Can you please help?

Paul Gailey Alburquerque

Jun 21, 2016, 1:35:33 PM6/21/16
to Kivy users support
Bump ;)

Darius van Wyngaard

Jun 22, 2016, 5:45:03 AM6/22/16
to Kivy users support
Bump

Paul Gailey Alburquerque

Jul 25, 2016, 4:50:30 PM7/25/16
to Kivy users support
I put a bounty on this pull request
https://github.com/kivy/plyer/issues/222

+bump

qua non

Jul 26, 2016, 3:45:32 AM7/26/16
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Sry, guys I have been buy with some personal work. Will try and get to work on this tonight.