Start script on startup on raspberry

Raymond

May 29, 2016, 4:43:09 AM5/29/16
to Kivy users support
Hello,

I have programmed an internet radio with python and kivy and now I want to start this program on startup on my raspberry.
I tried to do this by using a cron job:
@reboot python/home/pi/Project/Radio/main.py

The radio starts playing music and the GUI appears, but has no function.

Can someone help me?

Thanks.

Raymond

ZenCODE

May 29, 2016, 4:02:43 PM5/29/16
to Kivy users support
Please post the code. It's all guesswork otherwise...

Jon Burroughs

Jun 24, 2016, 5:20:14 PM6/24/16
to Kivy users support
I am also having this problem.  I have created a script that will execute and run my python/kivy ap (on raspberry pi), but if I use cron to run the script on reboot the ap fires up but it behaves as if the  touchscreen is unresponsive (i.e. the display comes up as it should but no interaction is possible via the touchscreen.)  Again, same script used to launch the ap, works by double-clicking the executable file from the desktop, but not when it is launched via cron.  Could there be permissions that need to be setup for the touchscreen to work that aren't happening when cron executes the script? Something else?

ZenCODE

Jun 24, 2016, 5:37:00 PM6/24/16
to Kivy users support