Kivy Question

Yevgeniy Vasilyev

Feb 7, 2016, 1:16:22 PM2/7/16
to Kivy users support
Hello,

I'd like to download and use Kivy to create an app for iOS but I'm not 100% how Kivy works.

You write code for an app in python and Kivy is able to compile or translate the code so that it runs on iOS and Android?

Can someone please explain how the process works?

Thank you in advance.

ZenCODE

Feb 7, 2016, 1:42:41 PM2/7/16
to Kivy users support
Correct. You write your app once in Python. But then you need to "package" it for each platform you want to deploy to. This gives you a good indication of what is involved.

It's not straight forward, but whatever platform you choose, you still need to create packages per platform.Packaging is, unfortunately, inevitable, irrespective is the framework you choose. Windows/Linux/Mac/Android//iOS are just different...:-)