Error: No event listeners have been created

David Daiku Trowbridge

Jun 23, 2016, 2:22:24 PM6/23/16
to Kivy users support
I have just begun exploring Kivy, by installing it and trying out some of the demo code.

At https://kivy.org/docs/guide/basic.html#quickstart under Customize the application, I have pasted code into my Anaconda Spyder (Python 2.7) editor window (Windows 10, 64-bit). When I try to run the program, I get,

[INFO              ] [Base        ] Start application main loop
[ERROR             ] [Base        ] No event listeners have been created
[ERROR             ] [Base        ] Application will leave

I had no trouble with the previous Hello World example, which ran just fine.

How to create event listerners in this context?

Thanks,

David

David Daiku Trowbridge

Jun 23, 2016, 6:01:59 PM6/23/16
to Kivy users support
OK, now I see that I can run the examples, but I have to close the Console first and open a new one for each example.