Packaging for Linux

Igor Riđanović

Oct 13, 2017, 6:40:36 PM10/13/17
to Kivy users support
I've been trying to package a Kivy app for Linux for days without success. There are few resources on the subject out there. At best I've managed to build a package but at launch I get:

[CRITICAL] [App         ] Unable to get any Image provider, abort.

I tried pyinstaller and cx_freeze. Realizing there are unmet dependencies on my Linux machine I installed Python, Kivy and other required pieces from scratch inside a fresh Docker container per this script: https://github.com/rajbot/kivy_pyinstaller_linux_example/blob/master/bootstrap.sh

Is there a definitive guide to packaging Kivy for Linux? The official documentation is slim.