Raspberry HD camera V2 dont work

Kjell Berge

Aug 12, 2016, 9:16:31 AM8/12/16
to Kivy users support
Hi, I have instaled a Raspberry HD camera V2  to Raspberry Pi3 and a Pi Touch Display.
raspistill and raspivid work correctly.
I have installed kivi and it work.
I have also install rpi, I dont know what this is for.
But if I Run kivi/examples/camera/main.py I get an error:
>> 6: resolution: (600, 480)
TypeError: 'NonType' object is not callable.

kivi/examples/demo/camera_puzzle.py I get error:
resolution=self.resolution, stopped= True)
TypeError: 'NonType' object is not callable.

Is there something I have forgott?

All other demos and exampels work.

Kjell Berge

Aug 26, 2016, 6:09:48 AM8/26/16
to Kivy users support

Kjell Berge

Aug 30, 2016, 4:41:47 AM8/30/16
to Kivy users support

In exampele reads:
Note that not finding a camera, perhaps because gstreamer is not installed.
How do I install Gstreamer?
I have tried: sudo apt-get install gst-plugins-good1.0 (and 0.10).
I get: E: Unable to locate package gst-plugins-good1.0
E: Couldn't find any package by regec 'gst-plugins-good1.0

Can sombody help me?'

Kjell Berge

Aug 31, 2016, 5:02:49 AM8/31/16
to Kivy users support
I have installed gstreamer0.1, but the result is the same.

Any ideas?

Kjell Berge

Sep 6, 2016, 9:36:12 AM9/6/16
to Kivy users support
Can anybody help me?
Here is Kivi logfile
kivy_16-09-06_7.txt

Cheng Wei Lu

Sep 13, 2016, 12:08:13 AM9/13/16
to Kivy users support

In my opinion, you need to install kivy.deps.gstreamer.
But I don't know how to install kivy.deps.gstreamer. Because the website could find the package.

Stephen

Kjell Berge於 2016年8月12日星期五 UTC+8下午9時16分31秒寫道:
Message has been deleted

Kjell Berge

Sep 13, 2016, 2:36:36 AM9/13/16
to Kivy users support
I have installed gstreamer1.0 (apt-get -y installgstreamer1.0-plugins-{bad,base,good,ugly} gstreamer1.0-{omx,alsa}
But the result is still the same.

Kjell Berge

Sep 20, 2016, 9:41:26 AM9/20/16
to Kivy users support
I think the definition of "camera" is missing.
I get the message: "[CRITICAL] Camera: Unable to find any valuable Camera providers."
I am about to give up, can anyone help me please.

Kjell Berge

Sep 20, 2016, 9:45:33 AM9/20/16
to Kivy users support
Here is the demo program:

'''
Camera Example
==============

This example demonstrates a simple use of the camera. It shows a window with
a buttoned labelled 'play' to turn the camera on and off. Note that
not finding a camera, perhaps because gstreamer is not installed, will
throw an exception during the kv language processing.

'''

# Uncomment these lines to see all the messages
#from kivy.logger import Logger
#import logging
#Logger.setLevel(logging.TRACE)

from kivy.app import App
from kivy.lang import Builder

kv = '''
BoxLayout:
    orientation: 'vertical'
    Camera:
        id: camera
        resolution: (640, 480)
        play: False
    ToggleButton:
        text: 'Play'
        on_press: camera.play = not camera.play
        size_hint_y: None
        height: '48dp'
'''

class TestCamera(App):
    def build(self):
        return Builder.load_string(kv)

TestCamera().run()

Cheng Wei Lu

Sep 28, 2016, 11:59:33 PM9/28/16
to Kivy users support
Hi,
refer the source code

kivy/kivy/lib/gstplayer/_gstplayer.h

#include <glib.h>
#include <gst/gst.h>
       .
       .

It seems need to install the development packages on the device.

Kjell Berge於 2016年8月12日星期五 UTC+8下午9時16分31秒寫道: