Getting error while creating apk

mahmud al hasan

Jun 21, 2018, 1:32:31 AM6/21/18
to Kivy users support

Error log-

Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement json (from versions: )
No matching distribution found for json
# Command failed: pip install --target=/home/kivy/Desktop/kivy-signup/.buildozer/applibs json
#
# Buildozer failed to execute the last command
# The error might be hidden in the log above this error
# Please read the full log, and search for it before
# raising an issue with buildozer itself.
# In case of a bug report, please add a full log with log_level = 2

buildozer.spec requirement = requests, json, urllib3

I have imported json in my code but this is showing error. What should be the requirement for json?

dilshad khan

Jun 21, 2018, 1:40:33 AM6/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
What operating system are you using?

Are you building the apk from the buildozer virtual machine or from your own system?

mahmud al hasan

Jun 21, 2018, 2:00:30 AM6/21/18
to Kivy users support

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 11:40:33 AM UTC+6, dilshad khan wrote:
What operating system are you using?

Are you building the apk from the buildozer virtual machine or from your own system?

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018, 06:32 mahmud al hasan, <rau...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am using buildozer virtual machine which I have downloaded from kivy website.

dilshad khan

Jun 21, 2018, 2:27:31 AM6/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Can you upload your buildozer.spec file and log file?

mahmud al hasan

Jun 21, 2018, 3:05:15 AM6/21/18
to Kivy users support

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 12:27:31 PM UTC+6, dilshad khan wrote:
Can you upload your buildozer.spec file and log file?

 I have attached the buildozer.spec file and here is my error log-
buildozer.spec

dilshad khan

Jun 21, 2018, 3:22:55 AM6/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Add hostpython2 to your requirements.
Add it before kivy

dilshad khan

Jun 21, 2018, 3:24:16 AM6/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Jason is included in the standard library so you don't need to add it to your requirements.

dilshad khan

Jun 21, 2018, 3:26:23 AM6/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
You most probably will get an error later on in the build because of your build directory location. Check the buildozer file on the vm desktop for instructions.

dilshad khan

Jun 21, 2018, 5:00:58 AM6/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I forgot to ask whether you're using python 2 or python 3.

mahmud al hasan

Jun 21, 2018, 5:51:26 AM6/21/18
to Kivy users support

On Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 3:00:58 PM UTC+6, dilshad khan wrote:
Sorry, I forgot to ask whether you're using python 2 or python 3.

I am using python 3.4

dilshad khan

Jun 21, 2018, 6:00:02 AM6/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
The buildozer documentation is not very clear for building apk's with python 3. I would seriously recommend using python 2.7. There's not much to change from python 3 back to python 2. It will definitely be worth it to change python version than mess around with buildozer/kivy.