Instructions to create a package for Linux

Paul Johnston

May 2, 2015, 1:50:23 PM5/2/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

In looking for a new programming language to learn I stumbled across Kivy after investigating Python.
Basically I want to learn a language that has good cross platform support (and applications can be packaged for all platforms). Obviously this should apply to both the language and the GUI framework:)

Anyway are there instructions on how to create a package for Linux (RPM and DEB preferably) that will not require the end user to manually add repos/ppas?

If so could you add the instructions to http://kivy.org/docs/guide/packaging.html :)

Thanks!

Rafael Gottsfritz

May 5, 2015, 6:31:24 AM5/5/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul, i understood your idea, but i don't know if is really good to make a package full of another packages that go to simply install in any machine. This it's too away from what i understand of linux concept (But how i'm new in linux i can be saying some nonsense things. :D).

Anyway, if you wanna/need to do this, i can recommend to read this:

DEB Like