Installing kivy on el capitain

imp9

Oct 21, 2016, 7:30:40 PM10/21/16
to Kivy users support
Hi,

I haven't been able to pip install kivy and have it recognize my window manager as sdl2 that I have made with brew? I followed the prompts exactly as on kivy. Can someone please detail their installation process on OsX el capitain with python 2.7. I'm using the brewed version of python 2.7.

I did have success with the Kivy.App but the issue was I can't get cryptography and pyopenSSL to work with kivy because they depend on system libraries.

Does anyone have experience using openssl in the kivy.app

Jason Boyd

Oct 21, 2016, 9:12:42 PM10/21/16
to Kivy users support
I had same problem on El Capitan and eventually resolved by uninstalling gstreamer. I know I uninstalled in homebrew, can't remember if I needed to do any pip uninstall. Don't think so. After this, SDL2 is used, works well.

qua non

Oct 22, 2016, 8:49:43 AM10/22/16
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
kivy -m pip install openssl

Does that work or does that lead to some issues?