missing function in Kivy Matplotlib backend

Bill Janssen

Nov 30, 2015, 2:21:19 PM11/30/15
to Kivy users support
I'm working through the ggplot tutorial, using the Kivy backend to matplotlib -- which, by the way, I'm lovin'  Thanks, andnovar!.  Every time I try to do something with points, like a scatter plot, it bombs out like this:

   File "/home/wjanssen/ggplot-test/libs/garden/garden.matplotlib/backend_kivy.py", line 463, in draw_path_collection
     uses_per_path
= self._iter_collection_uses_per_path(

AttributeError: 'RendererKivy' object has no attribute '_iter_collection_uses_per_path'

Bill Janssen

Nov 30, 2015, 2:29:34 PM11/30/15
to Kivy users support
The problem seems to be that Ubuntu 15.10 uses Matplotlib 1.4.2, and the Kivy backend requires 1.5.0.