Error displaying multiple videos on Screens with ScreenManager on raspberry 2

Pablo Ochendrowitsch

Nov 23, 2015, 5:10:09 PM11/23/15
to Kivy users support

Hi, im building an app that displays videos on screen when commanded by a Network thread
It has a ScreenManager and a DisplayVideoScreen

When i create a single DisplayVideoScreen with one source it runs fine on the PC and on the Raspi

If i put a timer to change the video source in only one DisplayVideoScreen it runs fine on the PC and on the Raspi (but it gives a white flash on video change)

But if i want to transition from one video to the other, I create one DisplayVideoScreen for each and make the ScreenManager to switch between them... it runs perfect on the PC but on de Raspi it gives the following errors

[INFO   ] [Puesto      ] Cambio de estado = mostrarEjercicios
[INFO   ] [PuestoRunner] Estado de la aplicacion mostrarEjercicios
glGetError 0x502
[ERROR  ] [VideoGstplayer] Could not configure supporting library.
glGetError 0x502
 Exception Exception: Exception('FBO Initialization failed: Incomplete attachment (36054)',) in 'kivy.graphics.fbo.Fbo.raise_exception' ignored
glGetError 0x505
[...]
[INFO   ] [MockController] Cerrando conexion a puesto !!!!

Looking for information on the internet i get that the FBO error is a common error when the Textures arent initializated correctly, but i cant find the piece of code in kivy that does that
Any Help will be wellcome

this is the info at the begining of the log

[INFO   ] [Kivy        ] v1.9.1-dev
[INFO   ] [Python      ] v2.7.9 (default, Mar  8 2015, 00:52:26)
[GCC 4.9.2]
[INFO   ] [Factory     ] 177 symbols loaded
[INFO   ] [MockController] Iniciando Controllador
[INFO   ] [PuestoRunner] Iniciando Aplicacion
[INFO   ] [Puesto      ] Iniciando
[INFO   ] [VideoGstplayer] Using Gstreamer 1.4.4.0
[INFO   ] [Video       ] Provider: gstplayer
[INFO   ] [Window      ] Provider: egl_rpi
[INFO   ] [GL          ] OpenGL version <OpenGL ES 2.0>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] OpenGL vendor <Broadcom>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] OpenGL renderer <VideoCore IV HW>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] OpenGL parsed version: 2, 0
[INFO   ] [GL          ] Shading version <OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.00>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] Texture max size <2048>
[INFO   ] [GL          ] Texture max units <8>
[INFO   ] [Shader      ] fragment shader: <Compiled>
[INFO   ] [Shader      ] vertex shader: <Compiled>
adding binding for mouse move
[INFO   ] [Window      ] virtual keyboard not allowed, single mode, not docked
[INFO   ] [Text        ] Provider: sdl2
[INFO   ] [GL          ] NPOT texture support is available

Adam Plocher

Aug 6, 2017, 8:40:04 AM8/6/17
to Kivy users support
Pablo, did you ever solve this issue?  I'm looking to do the same thing on a RasPi,  Essentially I want a 2-by-2 video wall showing 4 surveillance cameras.

I'm running into the same issue with "[VideoGstPlayer] Could not configure support library" as soon as I start the second video player.

Thanks!

Pablo Ochendrowitsch

Aug 8, 2017, 4:03:56 PM8/8/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
No, i give up my project on this and recommended to use some other hardware

Matthew Einhorn

Aug 9, 2017, 2:57:39 AM8/9/17
to Kivy users support
You can try ffpyplayer maybe. Not sure if it works on the pi though. You'd need to compile ffmpeg manually for it probably.

Adam Plocher

Aug 11, 2017, 4:31:44 AM8/11/17
to Kivy users support
Hi sorry, I should have reported back the other day.  I ended up getting it to work.

I have 4 concurrent h264 video streams showing at once with a Raspberry Pi Zero-W (not very smoothly, though!).

I forgot I set the memory split to have 32mb allocated to Video memory - this was the problem.  Once I bumped it up to 160mb, it was able to play 4 streams.

I had to set it down to 32mb to allow Cython to compile.  It wouldn't compile when I took 160mb for the GPU, and it basically just killed the whole OS (I even let it sit for over 24 hours thinking it would eventually finish, but nope).

The Raspi GPU has a pretty solid h264 decoder, I think a Pi3 would stream this pretty well (with the right memory allocation set).  However anything besides h264 would probably crawl because I believe it would be using a lot of CPU power to decode.