Running Kivy on newest android

Pkore

Jan 19, 2017, 8:34:22 PM1/19/17
to Kivy users support
  I'm trying to get kivy to run on android 6.0 and up using the buildozer VM. When I put anything higher than the 23 sdk in my buildozer.spec it says I have an invalid ndk. When I put anything higher than ndk 9c in the spec it can't even successfully download and unzip an ndk higher than 9c. I tried downloading and uzipping an ndk into the kivy/.buildozer/android/platform directory and still buildozer errors out.

  What steps do I need to take to get my app to run on android 6 and up?

Oon-Ee Ng

Jan 19, 2017, 11:44:08 PM1/19/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I'm running my app on android 6, why do you need such a high sdk/ndk
number for that? Is there some specific reason not to just use sdk=19
or similar?

Pkore

Jan 20, 2017, 6:13:32 PM1/20/17
to Kivy users support
Yes. I need to access the new android.media.midi API. That is only available from 6.0+.

Pkore

Jan 23, 2017, 2:31:08 PM1/23/17
to Kivy users support
Bump.