Buildozer and Google Play Services rev 30

Damien Moore

Jul 17, 2016, 11:27:16 PM7/17/16
to Kivy users support
It looks like Google has changed the way that google play services appears in the SDK.

The old way documented here https://developers.google.com/android/guides/setup appears to be no longer up to date.

Here's a relevant stack overflow link: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37310684/missing-sdk-extras-google-google-play-services-libproject-folder-after-updat

Is there an easy way to point buildozer at the aar files? Or is the best thing for now just to download an older rev of the play services lib?

Alexander Taylor

Jul 18, 2016, 7:11:46 AM7/18/16
to Kivy users support
I think p4a recipes have an aar unpacking method, in which case you can possibly make a recipe for the library.

Damien Moore

Jul 20, 2016, 2:43:24 PM7/20/16
to Kivy users support
Thanks. Any hints for what I might look at to get informed about creating such recipes? (I had never heard of a p4a recipe until your reply.)

Alexander Taylor

Jul 20, 2016, 3:23:45 PM7/20/16
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
There's some documentation at
http://python-for-android.readthedocs.io/en/latest/recipes/ , but I'm
not sure if there are any existing examples of using AARs. You'll want
to look at the python-for-android source (pythonforandroid/recipe.py) to
see what methods there are and what they do.
signature.asc