How to create the Keystore file?

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 16, 2018, 1:05:43 AM1/16/18
to Kivy users support
I found it difficult and I did not understand how to create the keystore file
I'm looking for a noob tutorial,because it's my first time in developing an application
thank you very much

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 17, 2018, 10:51:19 AM1/17/18
to Kivy users support

keytool -genkey -v -keystore release.keystore -alias example -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

@
ZenCODE
Is this the code for generate the password for google developer??? now im blocked,what can i do after? sign apk?

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 19, 2018, 3:09:53 AM1/19/18
to Kivy users support
any help? :)

ZenCODE

Jan 19, 2018, 3:42:13 PM1/19/18
to Kivy users support
It looks right. It was very long ago that I did this, but try following this tutorial.

And

But when you say "Is this the code for generate the password", no. You use a password to protect your keystore. This keystore then allows you to sign apk's so that google can verify it is actually you that generated the apk. So the keystore contains your private keys and is protected by your password.

If you have problems, please specify exactly what they are. Good luck :-)

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 20, 2018, 4:29:50 AM1/20/18
to Kivy users support
Thanks Zen for your availability and I'm sorry if I was not clear,now I write the steps I take to create the keystore:

                                                     THIS IS AN EXAMPLE I NOT USE THIS PASSWORD

1STEP keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-key.keystore -alias alias_hello -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

Enter key store password: worldworld
Enter key password for <alias_hello>: coffe
Common Name (hostname, IP, or your name): david
Organization Name (company) [The Sample Company]: technology
Organizational Unit Name (department, division): tech
Locality Name (city, district) [Sydney]: mars
State or Province Name (full name) [NSW]:mar
Country Name (2 letter code) [AU]: ma
Saving key store at my-key.keystore

i have a question, the information after the passwords must be true or can i invent?

Common Name (hostname, IP, or your name): david
Organization Name (company) [The Sample Company]: technology
Organizational Unit Name (department, division): tech
Locality Name (city, district) [Sydney]: mars
State or Province Name (full name) [NSW]:mar
Country Name (2 letter code) [AU]: ma

2step:
keytool -genkey -v -keystore debug.keystore -storepass android -alias androiddebugkey -keypass android -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000

Saving key store at debug.keystore

3STEP NOW HERE I HAVE ERROR

keytool -list -v -keystore [/home/max] -alias [alias-hello] -storepass [worldworld] -keypass [coffe]

list: unrecognized option '-keypass'
list: Try 'list -help' for more information

ZenCODE

Jan 20, 2018, 6:01:40 AM1/20/18
to Kivy users support
1. The passwords and all the details you enter must be yours and yours ONLY. You should not share them with anyone.
2. So leave out keypass. What happens? Try consulting the keytool docs.

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 20, 2018, 6:11:41 AM1/20/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
i not share my private information thanks but
 I do not know what happens, please
I do not understand anything
step 1 and step2 works
can you can give me some examples like step3 and my first time doing these operations

this no work

ZenCODE

Jan 20, 2018, 1:18:16 PM1/20/18
to Kivy users support
I can't help if you don't listen to suggestions. Did you leave out -keypass? Try this tutorial.

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 20, 2018, 1:35:57 PM1/20/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
hi zen yes i have leave out -keypass and not work.thanks for your patience ill try new tutorial tomorrow
now i have to go work night shift please be patience with me thank you very much

what are the requirements to publish an apk? 1 keystore 2 signapk 3 zipalign
because i have create the file .keystore
cheers and thanks

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 21, 2018, 10:18:33 AM1/21/18
to Kivy users support

the tutorial no work :( we must find  a solution :) please help me Zen im a beginner i need a noob tutorial thanks a  lot

ZenCODE

Jan 21, 2018, 12:02:05 PM1/21/18
to Kivy users support
The keytool works. Millions of people use it. It's not a Kivy issue. There are tons of tutorials, examples and the tool documents itself if you type

    keytool

And if you use it wrong, the keytool will give you a message. Read it and think. Posts of "help me" are useless unless you post what you typed and what the output was.

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 21, 2018, 1:52:02 PM1/21/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
excuse me when i ll have a good question ill post sorry if i have not undesrtund nothing of this documentation thanks and cheers
 this is the issue list: unrecognized option '-keypass'

ZenCODE

Jan 21, 2018, 1:57:03 PM1/21/18
to Kivy users support
For the 3rd time. Leave it out then.

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 21, 2018, 2:01:19 PM1/21/18
to Kivy users support

i m a stupid yes now work :)))) sorry

Message has been deleted

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 22, 2018, 3:21:13 AM1/22/18
to Kivy users support

always error because i have  copy wrong line because i have  always issue ,THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE be patience with me and thanks so much CHEERS AND THANKS AGAIN
 THIS WORK  now the next step?  :)

Barney Gumble Channel

Jan 23, 2018, 5:11:12 AM1/23/18
to Kivy users support
Post resolved Zen i open new post i think its last step
How to manually sign an Android application
,THANKS AGAIN