Installation error: Failed to build wheel for Kivy

Kelly Norris

Mar 21, 2017, 2:09:55 PM3/21/17
to Kivy users support
I've been trying to install Kivy 1.9.1 for about a week to no avail. Run the process both on a school laptop(Win7  64) and my personal laptop (Win10 64) and have been running in to the same error in the process. I install all the dependencies just fine through pip, but when I try to install Kivy itself it fails.

I've tried using the Kivy-Installer program from GitHub, and also tried to use the dev wheels from the download page. Also downgraded from Cython .26 to .23, but that doesn't work.

Attatched are screenshots of the command line where things seem to be going wrong. Hopefully someone can help me solve this issue.
kivy2.PNG
kivy1.PNG

Matthew Einhorn

Mar 21, 2017, 11:25:12 PM3/21/17
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
For py3.5+ windows does not support pip install. You need to use the nightly wheel. So the docs for info.

Mutua

Mar 12, 2018, 9:11:52 PM3/12/18
to Kivy users support
for anyone who experiences the same issue, try:

     pip(3) install Cython==0.26

     pip(3) install kivy

happy coding