How to make an application responsive in kivy ?

mahmud al hasan

May 12, 2018, 1:31:22 AM5/12/18
to Kivy users support
I am building an application which will run on different devices and have to be responsive.
Is there any easy way to make this app responsive?

Binit .n

May 13, 2018, 4:01:04 PM5/13/18
to Kivy users support
make sure that you are using metrics and not making your widgets inside python.

Ronald Saunfe

May 14, 2018, 9:26:34 AM5/14/18
to Kivy users support
You can use multiple threads for the app

Konstantinos Spathopoulos

May 14, 2018, 9:37:04 AM5/14/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I have also tried to use threading.

I tried to display a gif image while creating a large number of widgets.

But the gif freezes.

Lawrence Du

May 14, 2018, 10:20:35 AM5/14/18
to Kivy users support
Avoid loading widgets more than once, and think of ways to have as few widgets as possible.

I had a carousel with over 30 items and it took over 5 seconds to load the 30 widgets.

To make it snappy, I made it so the carousel could only have 3 slides and loop infinitely. Every time you swipe the carousel, the left and right slides load with new data. Now it's incredibly fast, even if there are 300 items.

Konstantinos Spathopoulos

May 15, 2018, 1:55:45 AM5/15/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanx for your answer!

I 've done somthing similar and there are no annoying hangs. But I'd like my loading gifs to animate properly.

Σπαθόπουλος Κωνσταντίνος
Πολιτικός Μηχανικός
Συγκοινωνιολόγος Msc
Ειδ. Συστημάτων Γεωγραφικών Πληροφοριών Msc

ΥΠΟΥΡΓΕΙΟ ΠΕΡΙΒΑΛΛΟΝΤΟΣ ΚΑΙ ΕΝΕΡΓΕΙΑΣ
Γεν. Δ/νση Χωρικού Σχεδιασμού
Δ/νση Εφαρμογής, Σχεδιασμού και
Ελέγχου Δομημένου Περιβάλλοντος
Πανόρμου 2,
Αθήνα 11523

Τηλ. : 2106463261
Fax. : 2106448091

Ronald Saunfe

May 16, 2018, 11:14:17 AM5/16/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
If you want your .gif files to load without freezing then you should extract each picture of the .gif into a folder. You can automate the process using gimp and by adding the gimpfu plugin to export each picture into a folder

Konstantinos Spathopoulos

May 16, 2018, 11:29:08 AM5/16/18
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for your answer!

The gif is loaded quickly, but stops animating, while other widgets are created. When the creation of these widgets is finished, the gif continues to animate.

Στις Τετ, 16 Μαΐ 2018, 18:14 ο χρήστης Ronald Saunfe <ronald...@gmail.com> έγραψε:

Ronald Saunfe