How to use Flat Kivy

Paarth Tandon

Jun 27, 2015, 2:45:46 PM6/27/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I want to make my game look cleaner, so i was looking for solutions when i found Flat Kivy. It looks nice so I wanted to give it a try, but I cannot seem to find any documentation about it or how to install it.

Does anyone have any information about this? I think its a cool idea to be able to theme kivy.

Kovak

Jun 28, 2015, 9:52:05 AM6/28/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com, paar...@gmail.com
FlatKivy is an experimental library that is neither documented nor actively tested with the recent kivy release. if you just want to theme kivy, the best place to start is the style.kv and the images/defaulttheme.atlas file in the kivy/data directory. FlatKivy goes much beyond theming, aiming to replace most texture use entirely and providing a system for automated text sizing.

Federico Curzel

Jun 28, 2015, 11:04:32 AM6/28/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com, paar...@gmail.com
You can also take a look at my project : https://github.com/Cuuuurzel/kivy-material-ui
It comes with a bunch of flat widgets and some kind of ios-like navigation system.

Il giorno dom 28 giu 2015 alle ore 15:52 Kovak <kova...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
FlatKivy is an experimental library that is neither documented nor actively tested with the recent kivy release. if you just want to theme kivy, the best place to start is the style.kv and the images/defaulttheme.atlas file in the kivy/data directory. FlatKivy goes much beyond theming, aiming to replace most texture use entirely and providing a system for automated text sizing.

ZenCODE

Jun 28, 2015, 3:43:02 PM6/28/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com, paar...@gmail.com
@Federico Curzel

Was curious, but the screenshots in your github project don't seem to work?

Paarth Tandon

Jun 28, 2015, 5:39:09 PM6/28/15
to ZenCODE, kivy-...@googlegroups.com
@Federico Curzel

I like your project, but how can I implement it into my app? When I replace default theme it changes when I test it, but not when I build it with buildozer...

Federico Curzel

Jul 30, 2015, 7:35:18 AM7/30/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com, ZenCODE
Sorry, I missed the response from you all.
The project needs some cleaning and a demo project, I will post it here once it's ready.

Hippie Sam

Oct 1, 2015, 5:55:41 AM10/1/15
to Kivy users support
Ive looked at your demo for flat kivy its a great idea honestly i think if its developed more it would be a killer app to start people using kivy. The main problem right now is that kivy is hard to design for on the theme side. But flat kivy could change that. You should encourage people to use it because thats the best way to get more info on how to use it started. As for the person who asked the question. Go through kovack's github post and read the code its the best way to study a library.