Hebrew problems in KV LANG

yoav glazner

Apr 16, 2015, 2:45:33 PM4/16/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I have two issues with Hebrew in the KV lang

1) I need to set each widget font_name: "somefont.ttf", can I change the default one for all widgets?
2) It turns out backward, I can reverse it with a function but that will be very DRY ...

Many Thanks!

Yoav Glazner

Alexander Taylor

Apr 16, 2015, 5:53:48 PM4/16/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
For (1), you can add a new rule for e.g. Label:

<Label>:
    font_name: "somefont.ttf"

That rule will then be applied to all labels, overriding the default.

For (2), it may be a limitation of the label, I think this has cmoe up before. However, that counts as a bug, maybe someone else knows the current status of this.

Kived Devik

Apr 16, 2015, 7:06:57 PM4/16/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

Kivy does not currently support right-to-left scripts or reshaping. It is on our list. :-)

yoav glazner

Apr 19, 2015, 6:22:41 AM4/19/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the anwsers, do you think something like this will work:

<MyLabel>:
  rtext: "default"
  text: my_reverse_func(self.rtext)

Then use MyLabel/MyButton all over the place and use rtext when I change something?