Open Source Mindmapping-App, written in Kivy

tom.t...@gmail.com

Jul 28, 2014, 11:17:18 AM7/28/14
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,
I am a huge fan of Mindmapping. Until now I haven't found a good solution to view and edit my mindmaps on the smartphone - so I programmed one by myself in Kivy.

Let me know if you like it or if this is not an appropiate place to anounce something like this...

https://bitbucket.org/tomthe/mindbike-mindmapping

MindBike Mindmapping

MindBike is a Mindmap viewer and editor. It reads and displays Mindmaps in the Freemind/Freeplane Format (*.mm). Its possible to edit and save the mindmaps in the same format, so they are still compatible with Freemind or Freeplane.

Features

  • Displaying and Editing of Mindmaps
  • Fully compatible with Freemind and Freeplane
  • Mindbike can't display or edit notes, icons, node-details and node-attributes. But it will preserve them, so they don't get lost by opening/saving *.mm-Files
  • Collaborative editing: Mindbike can merge two mindmaps easily. If you have two copies of the same map - one on your desktop and one on your smartphone - you can add nodes on both maps and merge them later. After merging you have all the new nodes of both maps in both maps! (No additional software (like Git) required)
  • Hashtags. Add #hashtags in your node-text to easily access nodes with similar content. Mindbike will generate a #Hashmap that bundles all the nodes with the same #hashtags. Use #hashtag:subtag to build subgroups. This enables an easy GTD (GettingThingsDone) workflow.

Frédéric Roland

Dec 5, 2016, 12:06:24 PM12/5/16
to Kivy users support, tom.t...@gmail.com
Hello,

there is no licence file in your repository.
Is your code reusable ? Under what terms ?

Regards,
Frédéric

Tom Tpunkt

Dec 5, 2016, 1:08:35 PM12/5/16
to Kivy users support, tom.t...@gmail.com
Hi,
thanks for your interest. You are right, I forgot to upload a licence file. It's under GPLv3. If you want to do something that's not allowed under GPLv3, please contact me again.
I will upload a licence file now.

Regards,
Tom