Problems with touch?

Filip Demaertelaere

Nov 15, 2015, 9:05:35 AM11/15/15
to Kivy users support
I took yesterday and today the daily build version, but have now problems with the touch... Seems that the touch events are not coming through. I certainly got this on my Samsung S5 with Android 5. Somebody had the same problem? Or could it be an issue at my side? Normally the code at my side had not changed to have this wrong behavior.
Kr,
Filip

Alexander Taylor

Nov 15, 2015, 9:22:58 AM11/15/15
to Kivy users support
You rebuilt your apk with kivy master and suddenly it stopped working?

Do you get the same problem on the desktop?

Filip Demaertelaere

Nov 15, 2015, 9:47:53 AM11/15/15
to Kivy users support
Indeed. After the apk with the kivy master it stopped working.
I did not test in on the desktop.

Filip Demaertelaere

Nov 28, 2015, 4:55:57 AM11/28/15
to Kivy users support
I did test in on a Samsung tablet with Android 4.2 and it works fine.
Unfortunately on my phone Samsung S5 (with Android 5.0) it does not work.

Simple buttons seems to work, but the following functionality is no longer working:
* listview (buttons)... If I continue tapping on the listview, sometimes the button is selected, but most of the time not
* I have menubar with actionbuttons... Also the normal actionbuttons are working, but not the ones in the ActionOverflow.

So seems something to do with lists... But strange it is only on my phone with Android 5.0. On a desktop it seems also to work fine...
Anybody an idea? I really don't understand...

Filip Demaertelaere

Nov 29, 2015, 4:18:21 AM11/29/15
to Kivy users support
I did another test today... I had a virtual machine with an older master branch of the 1.9.1...
After re-compilation, all went well.
So seems really a problem in the update somewhere.
Do you experience the same? Because in this case we need to introduce a bug report;

Alexander Taylor

Nov 29, 2015, 6:09:38 AM11/29/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I've not tried, but this seems like it's fairly probably a regression,
so are you able to open a bug on github about it? It would be useful to
include the commit id of your version that works.
> --

signature.asc

Filip Demaertelaere

Nov 29, 2015, 6:18:01 AM11/29/15
to Kivy users support
I don't have really a login to post bugs...
I also use buildozer to do all my stuff for the Android device... So reference to the commit-id is difficult.

Alexander Taylor

Nov 29, 2015, 6:39:32 AM11/29/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
You can get the id by navigating to
.buildozer/android/platform/python-for-android and running 'git
rev-parse HEAD'. If you're able to post it here, I'll open the issue.

Thanks.
> > kivy-users+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>
> > <mailto:kivy-users+...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --
signature.asc

Filip Demaertelaere

Nov 29, 2015, 10:28:22 AM11/29/15
to Kivy users support
Hey!
Thanks for your help.
It works with the following version '97c50d9d2375f197d09eec08b19af84348d85903'...
Kr,
Filip