Kivy says it installs but doesn't in Pycharm

Greg Harabedian

Apr 22, 2018, 10:05:23 PM4/22/18
to Kivy users support
I'm running Pycharm 2018.1 and tried installing Kivy via the Project Interpreter package installer.  It said it succeeded, but doesn't show up in the package list.  It seems to have installed a package called "Kivy-Garden".  Any idea why Kivy isn't installing?

ZenCODE

Apr 25, 2018, 12:57:43 PM4/25/18
to Kivy users support
Try following the istallation instruction for a standard kivy install then see if pycharm picks it up...

Nigel Brown

Apr 26, 2018, 3:46:58 AM4/26/18
to Kivy users support
Hi Greg,

    I encountered lots of problems using kivy and PyCharm on Windows 7, you don't say much about which operating system you are using, or other packages you have installed? I have it working now but feel the solution was more luck than judgement. I use Windows 7 version of Pycharm 2018.1 with Python 3.5 and Cython==0.27.3