Error: Unknown <mp4> type, no loader found

Özgür Özkan

Aug 22, 2016, 4:13:21 PM8/22/16
to Kivy users support
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to develop an application on rasperry pi by using kivy.
When I use Video widget of kivy to play a mp4 or mpg file I get "Unknown <mp4> type, no loader found" error.
I found out that this problem is about ImageLoader. mp4 format is not distinguished. I tried to update PIL but I guess I could not manage that.
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Özgür Özkan

Aug 23, 2016, 8:57:11 AM8/23/16
to Kivy users support

I'd like to add another problem it may be related to the first one:
 When I use fadetransition for screen management, I get glGetError 0x0502.
kivy version on Pi: 1.9.2-dev0
gstreamer version on Pi: 1.4.4.0

I'm developing the software on my ubuntu computer. these errors don't come up.
kivy version on PC: 1.9.1
gstreamer version on PC: 1.8.2.0