Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Pavel Kostelník

ungelesen,
24.10.2012, 15:36:1024.10.12
an kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

anyone interested in drag n drop example is free to see:

I am not saying it is final or the best solution but it works and is easy enough and reusable enough (can create any subclass of kivy widget that is draggable). Maybe you can benefit from it as well. You can set some custom things in my drag and drop widget:
-  Bound box where the widget is draggable
- if the widget is to disappear from its original container
- if it should change opacity while being dragged
- widget in which it can be dropped
- drop function and its arguments

Gabriel Pettier

ungelesen,
25.10.2012, 14:40:5225.10.12
an kivy-...@googlegroups.com
As per the pull request you just got, you probably want to use more the
kivy properties, and pass your params around less, and also, use super
for inheritance more, and use kv, too :) anyway, it's an interresting
start :)

just saw the PR was accepted, that was fast ^^.
> --

T500

ungelesen,
29.10.2012, 20:38:0829.10.12
an kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Just to say... Thanks Pavel. Very Interesting

Laurens De Vocht

ungelesen,
16.11.2012, 10:17:5116.11.12
an kivy-...@googlegroups.com
I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "app.py", line 51, in <module>
     MyPaintApp().run()
   File "/Applications/Kivy.app/Contents/Resources/kivy/kivy/app.py", line 523, in run
     root = self.build()
   File "app.py", line 45, in build
     return Builder.load_string(kv)
   File "/Applications/Kivy.app/Contents/Resources/kivy/kivy/lang.py", line 1178, in load_string
     self._apply_rule(widget, parser.root, parser.root)
   File "/Applications/Kivy.app/Contents/Resources/kivy/kivy/lang.py", line 1309, in _apply_rule
     self._apply_rule(child, crule, rootrule)
   File "/Applications/Kivy.app/Contents/Resources/kivy/kivy/lang.py", line 1271, in _apply_rule
     cls = Factory_get(cname)
   File "/Applications/Kivy.app/Contents/Resources/kivy/kivy/factory.py", line 70, in __getattr__
     raise FactoryException('Unknown class <%s>' % name)
 kivy.factory.FactoryException: Unknown class <DragableButton>

Laurens De Vocht

ungelesen,
16.11.2012, 10:21:5616.11.12
an kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Fixed using:

from DragableButton import DragableButton

Factory.register('DragableButton', cls=DragableButton)

Ben

ungelesen,
25.01.2013, 12:21:4525.01.13
an kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pavel,

  Thank you for this great example. I am wondering what license is attached to your source code. Can you advise?

Thank you!
Ben

Pavel Kostelník

ungelesen,
25.01.2013, 14:44:2725.01.13
an kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just meant this as a general guideline :) So I guess GNU/GPL, tho it would be nice if you could list me in credits if it is work using DnD heavily. But I leave that up to you :)

Btw. Would I really would like is for anyone who uses this to tell me how and when it helped them. The reason is that  this code is part of my master thesis and I want to show and cite that it is actually worth something (give me a link to project web, link to store or just description at least). This is really my main wish, otherwise, copy, cut, overwrite do whatever :) I just meant to help.

--

GreyGnome

ungelesen,
22.08.2016, 19:11:5322.08.16
an Kivy users support
Hello,
I have done some significant work on this library. I would like to release it to the world but I need a definitive answer about the license. The library should be accompanied by some license and copyright information, but there's none, and I don't think the below message is sufficient to clear this up. It mentions the GPL (not the LGPL), and he leaves it up to us if we want to list him in the credits. His first message says that "we're free to use" it- which isn't really a license. Anyway, it's confusing and I need a clear answer for my project (I can't use the GPL... LGPL ok, but not GPL).

Pavel, are you lurking about? Or does anyone have his email address?

Thanks.

GreyGnome

ungelesen,
20.09.2016, 18:40:4720.09.16
an Kivy users support
I just had some conversations with Pavel. He's amenable to the Apache 2.0 license, and I will post his code with my updates to Github when I get my next round tuit.

Many thanks to him for his great work on this library. It's got some nice logic, IMHO, and he taught me a lot. I was able to get my DnD working with much less fuss than writing it myself. I really appreciate everyone's efforts in the Kivy world (and, for that matter, all of open source).

GreyGnome

ungelesen,
28.12.2017, 20:29:0428.12.17
an Kivy users support