Windows Store App using Kivy

Md. Rashidul Hasan Masum

Jul 22, 2015, 5:44:49 AM7/22/15
to Kivy users support
Is it possible to develop windows store app using Kivy. If possible then how to deploy app into windows store?

ZenCODE

Jul 25, 2015, 10:33:27 PM7/25/15
to Kivy users support, mas...@gmail.com
Theoretically, yes. I have not tried, but from what I understand, you can package any Win32 apps provided they don't require any special, administrative permissions. And Kivy fits that description. Not sure if anyone has actually done it, but I can't see why not....

Karla Muguerza

Jul 31, 2015, 10:15:03 PM7/31/15
to Kivy users support, mas...@gmail.com
You can create an executable app for Windows, but not a Windows Store App

ZenCODE

Aug 1, 2015, 3:15:07 AM8/1/15
to Kivy users support, mas...@gmail.com

Md. Rashidul Hasan Masum

Aug 1, 2015, 1:51:10 PM8/1/15
to ZenCODE, Kivy users support
Actually win32 apps and windows store apps are not same so far i know. I think Karla Muguerza is right.

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 1:15 PM, ZenCODE <zenkey....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Software Architect
OnnoRokom Software Ltd.

ZenCODE

Aug 1, 2015, 2:18:14 PM8/1/15
to Kivy users support, zenkey....@gmail.com
Quite right, they are not the same. The 'Windows Store apps' are any apps on the store, and Win32 apps are classic Win32 API based apps.

It seems the Windows Store can host both. It's just a store. Like a supermarket, you can store vegetables or meat. Or both. It's just a place that stores apps. What those apps are is up the the packager....

Disclaimer: I've never used it, but I saw the Windows announcement and a quick google seems to make it pretty clear you can package standard Win32 apps for the store.

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/uwp-bridges

http://www.brianmadden.com/blogs/timmangan/archive/2015/05/29/Breaking-down-Microsoft-Project-Centennial-Microsoft-s-App-V-spinoff-for-Win32-and-Universal-Apps.aspx

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2015/2-692

--

I may well be wrong, but then please point me to something that tells me otherwise :-)