Problem with dual display on Raspberry Pi

Felix Gerstenberg

Feb 4, 2016, 11:35:38 AM2/4/16
to Kivy users support
Hi,

I am using Kivy on the Raspberry Pi with an Raspbian Wheezy image. I use a dual display setup, with an external screen on HDMI and the official Raspberry Pi touch screen.

I can run my Kivy App fine when setting the default display to either HDMI or touchscreen and running the app on that screen. I can also set default screen to the touchscreen and run Kivy apps on the HDMI-Screen by setting KIVY_BCM_DISPLAYMANX_ID=5 (not very useful, since the screen has the wrong Resolution and no touch support).

However, if i try to use the HDMI as default screen and show the kivy app on the Raspi Touchscreen with KIVY_BCM_DISPLAYMANX_ID=4, Kivy hangs on startup every time. Last message i get is:

[INFO     ] [Window    ] Provider: egl_rpi

After that nothing happens. Any Ideas what could be causing this?