Buildozer Ubuntu 16.04 android Python 3

Nigel Brown

Mar 8, 2018, 7:38:30 AM3/8/18
to Kivy users support
Have not really been getting anywhere with this as errors are numerous and virtualbox image runs out of memory very fast, thought i would post my compiled instructions incase they are any use to anyone?

# Install Ubuntu 16.04 and setup networking

$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install git

$ cd buildozer
$ sudo apt-get install python-setuptools
$ python setup.py build
$ sudo pip install -e .
$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
$ sudo apt-get install build-essential ccache git libncurses5:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libpangox-1.0-0:i386 libpangoxft-1.0-0:i386 libidn11:i386 python3.5 python3.5-dev openjdk-8-jdk unzip zlib1g-dev zlib1g:i386 libtool automake

# download and extract Crystax NDK to downloads, decompress to ~/.buildozer/crystax-ndk
# from https://www.crystax.net/en/download, i used the 'crystax-ndk-10.3.2-linux-x86_64.tar.xz' and decompressed using tar xf ...

#create a new folder and a main.py file within it:

main.py

_version__ = "1.0"
from kivy.app import App
from kivy.uix.button import Button

class Hello(App):
    def build(self):
        btn = Button(text='Hello World')
        return btn

Hello().run()

# next line very important
$ pip install cython=="0.25.2"
$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kivy-team/kivy
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install python3-kivy

check with:
$ python3 main.py

$ buildozer init

# Make the following changes to the newly created file buildozer.setup

# Require python3crystax:
requirements = python3crystax,kivy

# Change the major version of the python used by the app
osx.python_version = 3

# Kivy version to use
osx.kivy_version = 1.10.1

# Point to the directory where you extracted the crystax-ndk:
android.ndk_path = ~/.buildozer/crystax-ndk

[buildozer]
log_level = 2

$ buildozer android debug

reference:

I am getting a file not found a long way into the process, hope this helps someone, and if I get it working I will post.