Using requests and beautiful soup libraries in kivy

pcun...@nd.edu

May 11, 2015, 5:08:21 PM5/11/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm new to kivy, and today I tried using the requests and beautifulsoup libraries with kivy. Unfortunately, I keep getting an Import error (no module named requests and no module named bs4). Is there a way to fix this problem? Novice programmer here (freshman in college) so nothing is too basic to explain.

Thanks,

Pierce

Alexander Taylor

May 11, 2015, 7:35:42 PM5/11/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
The error means those packages aren't installed in kivy's environment. If you're using windows with the portable package, I think you should run the kivy shell (I haven't tried this but I think you can run the 'kivy' executable to get a shell) and use pip to install the libraries (e.g. pip install requests).

Someone else can probably confirm the details of this if you are using windows. If not, give more information about your installation.

pcun...@nd.edu

May 12, 2015, 8:24:24 AM5/12/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
My apologies, I should have mentioned I am using OS X.

pcun...@nd.edu

May 12, 2015, 4:54:35 PM5/12/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Figure it out. Alex, you were right, those packages weren't installed in the kivy environment. Eventually figured out to download those packages specifically to the ivy environment even though they already existed in the python environment.

Thanks,

Pierce

Swaathi Kakarla

Jul 2, 2015, 7:21:05 AM7/2/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pierce,

I'm running into the same problem. What do you mean by "download those packages specifically to the ivy environment even though they already existed in the python environment"? How do I go about this?

Thanks
Swaathi K
Message has been deleted

Roger Erens

Dec 18, 2016, 8:50:23 AM12/18/16
to Kivy users support
Hi Joey,

if you're on OS X, I think you can use something like
kivy -m pip install <your_desired_package>

If you installed kivy in a virtual env, make sure you use the python interpreter used in that virtual env:
  • either
    activate the virtualenv (assuming you have a bash shell):
    source <your_kivy_virtualenv>/bin/activate
    then
    python -m pip install <your_desired_package>
  • or
    <your_kivy_virtualenv>/bin/python -m pip install <your_desired_package>
Does that help?

Op zaterdag 17 december 2016 21:17:03 UTC+1 schreef Joey daniel darko:
yeah,, i really wish someone can help out..im actually facing the same problem...
Message has been deleted