button short press and long press

emily

Mar 26, 2015, 6:39:18 AM3/26/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am developing an app with kivy and want to create a button to do different things with short press and long press: a picture shows on the screen if the button is pressed shortly and if press or hold the button for a while, a dropdown list appears from the button and allows me to choose which picture to display. Could someone tell me how to do it with kivy? Thanks a lot.

ZenCODE

Mar 26, 2015, 10:50:57 AM3/26/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com

emily

Mar 26, 2015, 2:16:21 PM3/26/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply. I saw this example but I was not sure how to bind two different callbacks to the button depending on how long it is held and to avoid evoking another action when long pressed.

ZenCODE

Mar 26, 2015, 3:39:24 PM3/26/15
to kivy-...@googlegroups.com
Why not try, and when you get stuck, post your attempts here? We're keen to help, but it's hard without something concrete to work with...;-)

Peace